Monday, December 19, 2011

Ladurée Macarons

The Napoleon box of 6 macarons. Cost me 11 pounds, eek!
I had my first taste of macarons at Ladurée Royalé Paris in 1995. Ever since then, I’ve loved these crunchy, melt in your mouth little pillows of heavenly confectionery & rejoiced when macarons finally started making waves in our shores last year (thank you dessert gods). So imagine how I squealed with delight when I discovered a lovely little branch of Ladurée at Harrods during my recent trip to London (read Part 1, 2, 3 & 4). I can’t believe I never knew it was there before but if you’re in the neighborhood do look for it at the right-most corner of Harrods on Brompton Road or hey, here are all the addresses of the many Ladurée branches around France & the world while I’m at it. These are the pictures of the small box of macarons I carefully hand carried home with me from London. Trust me, I savored every bite of these babies! Hehe.

Psst! Scroll over the pictures for little description.

6 little exquisite macarons. From left to right, Blackforest, Blackcurrant + Violet, Rose, Vanilla, Caramel + Salted Butter & Praline. My all time favorite is the Caramel with the Rose coming in a close second. Yummmm.
My first taste of the winter seasonal special flavor: Blackcurrant + Violets. It was so GOOD that I felt like kicking myself for not getting another box!

No comments: