Thursday, June 2, 2011

Craft Party #3


Hey folks, sorry for the late post. I was busy ironing out some details of this latest project of mine but I’m ready to share, so here it is… Yup, I’m throwing another Craft Party!

About a year ago, Etsy celebrated its 5th birthday by throwing a worldwide craft party which spurred me to start organising craft parties here in KL. Well, Etsy is at again & this time I’m teaming up with Etsy Malaysia to bring you some more craft lovin’! Here are the details:

date: 11 june 2011 (saturday)
time: 10am - 12pm
venue: wondermilk cafe, 41 jalan ss 21/1A damansara uptown 47400 petaling jaya
project: tshirt refashion
fee: RM10 for Team Etsy Malaysia members / RM15 for non-members (this includes a tutorial booklet & access to a materials “buffet”. participants must bring their own tshirts & fabric scissors)


The project this time is tshirt refashion (thanks to Nadiah for coming up with the awesome idea!). I’ve done it loads of times & it’s my favorite thing to do with the piles of tshirts my husband discards every year. It’s seriously simple, VERY addictive with lots of room for customization & there are loads of videos on YouTube to show you how to do it in a variety of styles. I’m going to share a few of my favourites at the Craft Party along with a materials “buffet” filled with felt, fabric scraps, buttons, lace, ribbons & lots more! It’s the perfect excuse for you to jazz up that boring ol’ tee that’s been laying around your dresser while getting to know & having fun with fellow craft lovers. Trust me, this party will definitely make you some friends as I’ve seen absolute strangers discuss the benefits of Modge Podge & leave as the best of buds!

So what are you waiting for folks? Let’s not just party… Let’s CRAFT PARTY! Click here to register now. For more info, head on over to HandmadeKL.





amongst other supplies, i used my husband’s old tshirt that was destined for the rag bag






with a little cutting & sewing, i now have a fancy new cropped top!

4 comments:

Larina Wong said...

Hi Murni! Larina here =) I've signed up for your craft party! Hope i'll be able to get some of your crafty DNA and get working on my own soon!

Murni said...

hey larina! sooo happy to have you on board! can't wait to meet you this saturday :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Murni, im joining the craft party! Is it okey if i bring a friend along, she just wants to come and see? - Zaahira

Murni said...

sure thing zaahira! but your friend will have to be seated somewhere else cos i'm seating all the participants together k? see you two this saturday!