Monday, January 31, 2011

Bangkok, Instagrammed

Clouds from up above

How was your weekend dreamers? I had a great time at Bangkok, roaming on my own, taking my own sweet time at each shop or cafe that took my fancy. Really, it was awesome. I think it helped a lot that I was raised as an only child so being independent & on my own is nothing new. Plus, I’ve been to Bangkok many times before & Thais in general are really nice, helpful folks. While I rest up today, have a look at some shots of my trip that I took with my handy dandy iPhone + Instagram.


When in Bangkok, Nancy Chandler’s Map Of Bangkok is a must have. Not only is it pretty, colorful & hand drawn, it comes with awesome tips from a local’s perspective of where to shop, where to eat & what to see.


@ Siam Paragon. This is a large piece (about 2 meters across) that I would love to have one day. But at RM3k, it’ll be a dream. Literally.


@ Section 7, Chatuchak Market. Art on tshirts lining the avenue. Each piece was handpainted by local artists & going for only 250 Baht.


@ in front of Phu Fa Royal Projects, Chatuchak Market. This has got to be the best 30 Baht I spent in Bangkok. Coconut ice cream with your choice of toppings (I chose fresh slivers of pumpkin & peanuts) + fresh coconut meat + chilled fresh coconut juice.

No comments: