Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Uniform Project Year 1

Yesterday's post reminded me of a little something I blogged about last year but as I had to rush out to run a couple of errands, I couldn't snoop around. So the first thing I did this morning was to check out the Uniform Project's site...



You can read my post about the project here but do check out the official site & read all about their fantastic year-long fundraiser for the Akanksha Foundation which is a grassroots movement that is revolutionizing education in India & helps fund uniforms and other educational expenses for children living in Indian slums. To date they have raised over US$95,000 & are in the midst of planning Year 2 to raise more funds! Hats off to Sheena for not only coming up with so many ingenious & creative ways to wear a single dress but for having such a big heart. Kudos.

No comments: