Friday, January 15, 2010

DIY Containers


Who here loves Martha Stewart? Yeah, me too! If you love crafting, chances are you heart Martha big time. I just can't over her (& her team's) craftiness & amazing resourcefulness. What would I give to be able to join their team just for day....

Anyways, spotted this simple tutorial for turning those bamboo steamers (which you can get at your local grocery store - well, at least here in Ampang you can) into a smart container for your desktop supplies. Now, I'm not sure I'd try to use a wood-burning tool to create the labels but I love the thought of turning something as unsuspecting as a steamer into something totally useful & utilitarian. Plus point: as it's made with fast-growing bamboo it's eco-friendly too! Love it.

Via CRAFT.

4 comments:

n i l e e y said...

what a great idea! Thanks for sharing :)

Murni said...

glad you like it nileey! have fun DIY-ing ;)

Anonymous said...

aaargh!! *love*

Murni said...

yeah, me too! hehehe