Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Uniform Project


Have you heard of the Uniform Project? The brainchild of Sheena Matheiken (pictured above), Uniform Project is a really cool idea to wear one dress for one year as an exercise in sustainable fashion!

Taken off the website
Here’s how it works: There are 7 identical dresses, one for each day of the week. Every day I will reinvent the dress (shown at it's most basic above) with layers, accessories and all kinds of accouterments, the majority of which will be vintage, hand-made, or hand-me-down goodies. Think of it as wearing a daily uniform with enough creative license to make it look like I just crawled out of the Marquis de Sade's boudoir.

The Uniform Project is also a year-long fundraiser for the Akanksha Foundation, a grassroots movement that is revolutionizing education in India. At the end of the year, all contributions will go toward Akanksha’s School Project to fund uniforms and other educational expenses for slum children in India.

Oh, I can't tell you how much I love this gal's creativity & heart. My hat off to her! Take a peek below at my fave outfits throughout the month of May - July.

No comments: