Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Raya & Beads

So how was your holiday darlings? Mine was fabulous although I was busy... as usual! Had quite a bit of orders that had me working all throughout my so called "break" & I somehow managed to pick up a new hobby!

Not really sure how it all happened actually... I was in the bookshop a few days before Raya & I picked up a book on Bead Embroidery by Rosita Jaafar because it looked interesting & it's great to support local crafters *ahem* plus I wanted to spruce up my baju Raya with something sparkly. Next thing I know I'm at the millinery store & I've just spent a bomb on seed beads, crystals & spools of thread! Me + colors + craft supplies = not good.

Anyways, I managed to finish beading my baju Raya in time & I'm officially hooked! Bead embroidery is so incredibly simple & rewarding if you have the patience for it & boy, do you have to be really patient! The picture above is just a random one I pulled off the net by the way. I'll post up pictures of my handiwork as soon as I get the camera back from the bf.

Besides my foray into bead embroidery, I also somehow managed to put on about 3 kilos in the span of 1 week. Now, how did that happen I wonder? Hehehe. This satu bulan beraya mentality is soooo going to start showing at places I don't want to be showing! Ah well, at least there's the hope of getting duit raya. Hey, I'm not too old OK! Really.

No comments: