Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jewelry Class

Hey ya!

Want to learn how to make jewelry? I'm teaching at Sophia Center for Creative Learning located in Mont Kiara on Thursdays.

I've been teaching there on and off for the last 2 years or so & I love love LOVE the environment there as it's really nice & cozy plus Yoko (the owner) is the most accommodating person I know. Period.

Anyhoo, the link above is a little outdated so here's a breakdown. You have 2 options of classes:

#1. One Month Course
  • 1 class per week for 4 weeks at 3 hours per class
  • In Level 1 you learn one basic jewelry making technique per week with plenty of opportunity to fine-tune your new skills during class under the guidance of an experienced jewelry designer (me!)
  • The maximum number of students per class is 6.
  • All materials will be provided except pliers which may be bought at RM38 per set.
  • Price: RM240 (Level 1)

#2. One Day Workshop
  • 1 class for 4 hours only!
  • A crash course in jewelry making for those pressed for time, you will learn 2 of the most fundamental techniques to jewelry making.
  • Maximum number of students per class is 6.
  • All materials will be provided including pliers which may be bought at RM38 per set.
  • Price: RM160 (Level 1)
Want to know more about the classes? Drop me an email.

12 comments:

Millie said...

murni! millie ni..nak sgt.but y so far...nape tak kde je?hahahaha

Millie said...

murni! millie ni..nak sgt.but y so far...nape tak kde je?hahahaha

Murni said...

hi babe! good point! been thinking of doing it around here for ages but the management at Sophia are so good at helping me coordinate all the nitty gritty stuff that all i have to do is show up & teach! i'm spoiled i guess! :P nanti kalau i buat class kat area sini make sure you come k?? hehehe

Millie said...

oh ok..haha.bestye.ok! if i'm back home.but kl ade..i nk sgt!!update me! see you around.take care!

Anonymous said...

hi murni, may i find out more details of the class? what technique are you teaching? what designs? can email me at janecgy@yahoo.com?

Murni said...

sent you an email babe ;)

Unknown said...

CAN U EMAIL ME WHEN U GONNA HELD CLASS? MY EMAIL fdiana_bazain@yahoo.com.my

Murni said...

sent you an email already :)

Anonymous said...

hi murni, i'm interested to know more about the jewelry class. what technique are you teaching? and what are the designs? can you please give me some example jewelry that you teach in yr class? email me ya. thanks a lot.

Murni said...

oh no, you didn't leave me your email add! hahaha. please email me directly at mimpi.murni@gmail.com ya? ;)

Behonce said...

Are the classes still on?

Murni said...

hi behonce! i'm in the midst of organising a new class in KL & will keep everyone updated via the blog. if you'd like to join my mailing list you may do so by dropping me an email at mimpi.murni@gmail.com. thanks for the interest!